Building Services Manager
£19,819 – £25,463
Hours per week: 36.50, All year round
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 31/8/2020 in the first instance
Cedars Academy, Cedars Avenue Acocks Green, Birmingham B27 6JL
Telephone Number: 0121 464 3178
Start Date: April 2019
Cedars Academy is a three-form entry Junior School in Acocks Green. We are a member of Robin Hood Multi Academy Trust and work closely with our partner School Robin Hood Academy. Our Trust is growing, with another two Schools due to join us shortly and for this reason, the post will be offered for a fixed term period in the first instance.
We are seeking to appoint a Building Services Manager to join our team of hardworking, skilled support staff who are committed to the Trust’s ethos and values.
The role is a very important one as we are looking for someone to be responsible for the management of the school site including the provision of maintenance, janitorial, cleaning and security services and also someone who will love the school and its environment as much as we do, interacting with pupils and parents alike.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high standards and take a pride in their work
- Ensure the site is maintained to an excellent standard
- Be able to identify and prioritise their own workload, approaching all tasks with a “can do” attitude.
- Have proven DIY and repair skills enabling maintenance tasks to be undertaken
- Undertake janitorial and cleaning services
- Be able to engage and manage external contractors
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety regulations and work within them using our online Health & Safety management portal, although training will be given, you will need to have IT skills.
- Have a commitment to training and professional development
In return we can offer you:
- A well maintained school site
- Supportive, friendly and hardworking colleagues
- Staff wellbeing initiatives (including one additional day off with pay to be taken when you wish)
- Collaborative working with other site staff across the Trust
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Informal visits are positively encouraged. Please contact Jayne Barber, School Business Manager.
Closing Date: 15/03/19 at 12 noon
Interviews Monday 18/03/19