When making the decision to close Cedars Academy the Head Teacher take many things into consideration:
- The health and safety of children, parents and staff,
- The state of the school site and the surrounding area especially roads and footpaths,
- Local weather and transport bulletins,
- Advice from the Local Authority.
If we have to close the school on health and safety grounds, due to severe weather or heating failure, the school will inform you in a number of ways.
- We will send parents a text message to inform them that the school is closing. We will endeavour to text parents as soon as decisions have been made. Please make sure that the correct mobile telephone number is given to the school office. (A text will also be sent to inform you when school will re-open)
- Parents can listen to local radio stations – Free Radio (BRMB) at 96.4 FM, BBC Radio WM at 95.6 FM and Heart at 100.7 FM as they will announce school closures.
- A notice will be posted on the school website and an alert sent via the school app – www.cedarsacademy.org
- Parents can look at the following websites for Birmingham school closures:
If the school decides to close during the school day due to extreme weather conditions, parents will be informed via text message and an alert on the school app.
If for any reason a parent cannot collect their child then parents are encouraged not to worry, the headteacher will be on site until the last child leaves the school safely.